Tired of using tonnes of plugin on your blog? If so, then you are wasting your time in installing and activating it. In default with your WordPress installation, you have a plugin called “Jetpack”.
Jetpack is one of the most powerful plugins of all WordPress plugin.
You can do all the things in one single Jetpack plugin instead of installing many WordPress plugins on your site.
I highly recommend you to install and activate Jetpack plugin on your site. This plugin helps you to enhance your performance and well optimize your site completely.
How to Install Jetpack WordPress Plugin
If you don’t see your jetpack default plugin, then manually install and activate them on your WordPress site.
- To install jetpack plugin on your WordPress, go to Plugins >> Add New.
- Then type jetpack on the search bar which is located at the top right corner of the screen.
- WordPress will list out the relevant plugins to you.
- Select the official plugin which you need to install and activate.
- Install Jetpack by WordPress.com Plugin.
- After installing, tap to activate.
- Finally, you got your Jetpack plugin installed on your WordPress.
Up next, you could see a Jetpack option on your blog sidebar. Click to optimize your site efficiently.
How to Setup and Activate Jetpack by WordPress.com Plugin
Once you activated your plugin, you need to link your account to WordPress.com. Improve your site with Jetpack and enhance your site performance.
Jetpack can help secure your site, increase performance & traffic, and simplify how you manage your site.
Jetpack includes many other features that you can use to customise how your site looks and functions. These include Contact Forms, Tiled Photo Galleries, Custom CSS, Image Carousel, and a lot more.
You can monitor Performance and Security, Traffic Growth and WordPress.com Tools on your WordPress site. They include
Other Powerful Jetpack Feature
Jetpack includes many other features that you can use to customize how your site looks and functions. These include Contact Forms, Tiled Photo Galleries, Custom CSS, Image Carousel, and a lot more.
The followings are the list of Features that are bound with our Jetpack.
- Click to activate or deactivate your specified needs.
What is the use of Jetpack by WordPress.com?
Jetpack is a feature filled plugin with many “modules” that offer a range of features. You can see all features here:.
Some popular and useful features include (from the Jetpack plugin page:
- Simple, concise stats with no additional load on your server. Previously provided by .
- Email subscriptions for your blog’s posts and your post’s comments.
- Social networking enabled comment system is available in Jetpack..
- Likes, allowing your readers to show their appreciation of your posts.
- Monitor and manage your site’s activity with Notifications in your Toolbar and on .
- Simple, Akismet-backed contact forms.
- Hovercard popups for your commenters via .
- Easily embedded media from popular sites like YouTube, Digg, and Vimeo.
- The ability to post to your blog from any email client.
- Integration with and automatic posting to your favorite social networks including Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Path, and LinkedIn in Jetpack.
- For the Math geeks, a simple way to include beautiful mathematical expressions on your site.
- A widget for displaying recent tweets. Previously provided by
- Your readers can easily share your posts via email or their favorite social networks. Previously provided by the WordPress plugin.
- Your writing will improve thanks to After the Deadline, an artificial intelligence based spell, style, and grammar checker. Previously provided by the WordPress plugin.
- With Carousel active, any standard WordPress galleries you have embedded in posts or pages will launch a gorgeous full-screen photo browsing experience with comments and EXIF metadata.
- A CSS editor that lets you customize your site design without modifying your theme.
- A mobile theme that automatically streamlines your site for visitors on mobile devices.
- Mobile push notifications for new comments via WordPress mobile apps in Jetpack.
- The ability to allow applications to securely authenticate and access your site with your permission.
- Creative formats for your image galleries: mosaic, circles, squares, and a slideshow view.
- Add post sliders and other highlights to your theme with Featured Content in Jetpack.
- Search once, get results from everything! A single search box that lets you search posts, pages, comments, media, and plugins.
- Configure widgets to appear only on certain pages with the .
- Upload and insert videos into your posts thanks to .
- to add mutliple Google features to your site.
- Sign in to your self-hosted WordPress site using your log-in credentials in Jetpack.
- Jetpack Monitor will keep tabs on your site, and alert you the moment that downtime is detected.
Which is the most useful feature of JetPack plugin for WordPress?
- Jetpack is perhaps the best known WordPress plugin that is considered a “meta-plugin”. Instead of providing just one or two functionalities, Jetpack is renowned for its multi-faceted capabilities.
- The most useful feature of JetPack plugin it’s free CDN tool. You can make your WordPress site load faster by configuring Jetpack free CDN.
- It depends on the project. Jetpack is an excellent service, but it’s 3rd party and free, meaning:
- We can’t ensure that it will be available
- We can’t ensure that data is sent securely
For a personal blog, that’s not a problem. You don’t have secure data anyway, and if part of your site’s functionality goes down for a day, so what?
But for, say, a major e-commerce store built on WordPress, that’s a problem. You handle credit card data and need to be sure it’s safe. Plus, every minute of downtime = lost sales, lost money. You need the reliability of a paid solution.
One last thought: I use both Jetpack’s stats and Google Analytics on my personal blog, and they don’t match up (page views). Clearly, they track visitors differently, but I haven’t figured out how.
My suspicion is that Google Analytics is the most accurate measure – something to keep in mind if you use visitor stats to shape marketing campaigns.
- We are very fond of developing WordPress themes from scratch, with a minimal use of plugins. But the Jetpack is a great addition to WP, as it’s developed by the Automattic team – the makers of WP.If you find there a functionality that you need – don’t hesitate to use it.
It’s a reliable plugin with ongoing support and monthly updates from a good team of developers.
Does WordPress JetPack send notifications even though it’s not installed?
Short answer. NO. The plugin will have to be installed in order to perform its intended function. One feature of JetPack is the ability to send notifications when your site is down, which is called JetPack Monitor. It occasionally scans your website to monitor its state: whether or not it is accessible.
You’ll usually get email notifications when your site is down, and also one email for when it is back up. So in a nutshell, the plugin will have to be installed and activated, and sometimes configured to work properly.
Searches related to How to Setup and Activate Jetpack by WordPress.com Plugin:
can i use jetpack with wordpress org
how to connect jetpack to wordpress
install jetpack on self hosted wordpress
how to add jetpack to wordpress
activate jetpack wordpress
jetpack wordpress tutorial
jetpack wordpress review
how to use jetpack plugin in wordpress