To begin with, let us discuss few things about Blogger. Blogger is a blogging platform by Google. It allows anyone to create blogs also with multi-users. The Blogger is now very common among people who begin with blogging. It is very easy to start a blog and use. To point out, Blogger service by Google is completely free. Using Blogger, you can create a number of blogs and share anything you wish to. If you are smart enough you can earn revenue out of Blogger. Blogger has its own Pros and Cons. This article will give you a complete view of creating a Blog on Blogger.
The post is dedicated to the beginners who are about to start blogging. Thus the basics of Blogger are discussed below as simple as possible. After this you will be able to start a blog within 5 minutes.
Sign in with your Google Account
Navigate to www.blogger.com using your web browser. Here is the list of compatible browsers and Operating Systems for Blogger.
- Google Chrome
- Safari version 4 and up
- Firefox version 3.6 and up
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer version 10 or 11.
If you experience issues, try another browser or turn off Compatibility View.
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- Mac OSX
Sign up for a new Google account if you don’t have one. For the first time, it will ask for your identification from the Google plus. Or you can create a Blogger specific profile.
Create a New Blog
Once logged in, click New Blog from the top left. Or click this direct link to create a new blog. The popup “Create a new blog” appears. You have to do the following things here.
- Name your new Blog as you desire.
- Give your Blog Address. Check for the availability of your blog address. If it is not available, just add a symbol or a number and you will get your desired blog address.
- Select a Template from the list. You can change this later.
However, for beginners to start a blog Blogger is fine. But as you grow using WordPress is an advisable thing. See how to create a WordPress Blog.
The Blogger dashboard shows all your blogs as a list. Followed by each blog it has three options. A pencil icon for writing a new post. The next icon very similar to the paste icon lets you view the posts in that blog. It has a drop down menu with options like Overview, Posts, Pages, Stats, Earnings, etc. Next, a View Blog option is present that takes you to the blog.
Also use a template apart from the default template. The templates play a distinct role in displaying your blog. There are best templates that helps you in increasing the trust of your site from Google. See List of Top Free Responsive Blogger Templates of 2016.
Create your first Post
As we have successfully created our Blog, now it is time to write your first post. Just follow the simple steps below.
- Click New post for the top left of your blog. The new post opens where you can type your content from the text box. Give your post a title above from the post bar.
- You can Publish your post once if it is done. Save it for future editing. You can preview your post about its outcome on the blog. You can also close it.
- There is a toolbar above the text box. It has all necessary editing tools for your blog.
- There is also an HTML view of your post. Don’t use it as a beginner unless you know about it. Learn how to use HTML editing in Blogger. You can simply switch between the views by clicking on it.
- Publish your post once it is done. You can edit your post any number of times even after publishing it. After editing your post just click Update to get your post updated.
- View your post by clicking View post when you hover over the post name.
Thus you have successfully created your first post on your blog.
Layout of your Blog
The layout of your blog plays a major role in showcasing your contents when you start a blog. So how to access layout. It is really simple.
- Just click Layout on the left pane of the blog. There are several options available about your blog namely Comments, Stats, Layout, Templates, Earnings and Settings.
- In layout, you can edit your header, footer and body of your blog, how it should be displayed.
- The order in which the sidebar widgets should display. Learn how to use widgets in Blogger.
- Favicon helps you set the logo of your blog.
- Also, learn how to do advanced editing in your Layout.
Once you have gained enough experience with a good number of posts and viewers, you can now apply for an AdSense account and start earning out of it. Learn how to get an Adsense account.
Settings of your Blog
The Blogger settings comprise of basic settings, Email options and more.
- Add or remove authors when you start a new blog.
- Control who can View and Comment on your blog.
- Change language preferences.
- Add title and description of your blog.
- Add Meta tags and redirects.
- Backup your blog and export it.
Blogger is a great platform for beginners to start a blog. As Blogger can withstand high traffic and it is highly secure. I started blogging with Blogger and then now I am writing this post from WordPress. I will write more about Blogger and its features very soon. Hope my writing has given you a broad perspective about Blogger and how to Start off with a new Blog.
Give away your valuable comments below and do like and share my post if you like.